Parents, pastors, politicians and educators will join a Muslim imam at a mosque Friday in Oakland County, Michigan, to pray and discuss how to make their schools and community safer in an era of mass school shootings. The Muslim Unity Center, a mosque in the wealthy Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills, is hosting an ‘Interfaith Prayers and Symbolic Walkout Vigil’ April 20 that feeds off of the anti-gun fervor created in the wake of the Parkland High School mass shooting that killed 17 students in February.
- 7 days ago - May 15, 2018 – Primary day: Idaho, Nebraska, Oregon and Pennsylvania - 0 Comment
- 7 days ago - Boy Scouts org lobbies against making it easier for ex-scouts to sue re sex abuse - 0 Comment
- 1 week ago - Govt – example of nonfeasance: elevator inspections in Nevada - 0 Comment
- 3 weeks ago - DIGITAL AUTHORITARIANISM AND THE GLOBAL THREAT TO FREE SPEECH - 0 Comment
- 3 weeks ago - 2011 Japan Tsunami – compensation awarded to families of children swept to sea - 0 Comment